Non-Degree Seeking Students

The university admits a limited number of non-degree seeking students who are not working toward degrees at Elon University. Prospective students may submit an online non-degree application.

Non-degree seeking students include: 

  • Persons taking only private music instruction in the Department of Performing Arts. Such applicants are admitted if instructors are able to schedule lessons for them.
  • High school/secondary school graduates taking classes of special interest. Special students are required to submit a copy of their high school/secondary school transcript and SAT/ACT scores. 
  • Visiting students from other universities (an official transcript and a Student Conduct Form from the current university or college required with the application).
  • College/university graduates interested in further study at Elon. Such applicants are admitted if they fulfill requirements for admission to the desired courses (Official college/university transcript and a Student Conduct Form is required with application).
  • College/university graduates working toward teacher licensure or relicensure (official college/university transcript required with application).
  • Persons wishing to audit courses without doing the assigned preparation or receiving credit (Official college/university transcript required with application).

Special student programs: 

  • High school students taking classes on the Elon campus during their senior year. Credit for this work is generally transferable to other institutions (Collegiate Start @ Elon application required and available through the School of Education).
  • Consortium students taking courses at Elon during fall or spring semester. These students must present the appropriate form from their current institution. Consortium members include Bennett College, Greensboro College, Guilford College, Guilford Technical Community College, High Point University, North Carolina A&T State University and The University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

Non-degree seeking students may register for no more than eight hours per semester without approval of the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs. Students enrolled in the non-degree seeking admission category who want to pursue a degree must complete the appropriate application for regular admission.

Powered by SmartCatalog IQ